Error 75 on PowerFlex 70

tjntjntjn

I'm new on this forum and this is my first thread.
I have five powerflex 70's on the network connected to the DeviceNet scanner module 1747 SDN. The third powerflex 70 shows up an error 75 - Port 5 Adapter.
After i reset the error the powerflex runs for a while and than it happens again. Sometimes it happens to 2nd, 4th and 5th powerflex, but mostly errors shows up on the 3rd one. It has never happened to the first powerflex. The communication card on each powerflex is 20-COMM-D.
What causes that problem? I don't want to upgrade any firmware and/or start replacing anything, unless it is realy neccessary.
Thanks in advance.

I've had this happen on an installation of 8 PF700's on Devicenet. I finally tracked it down to a faulty connector on the cable connecting the HIM. Seems that Port 5 is what the HIM was using and an intermittent connection caused the error.

There was a firmware issue with the PowerFlex 70 that we ran into, but the error code was 85 in our case.:
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32247

Also, what is the condition of the devicenet cabling? Are you getting enough power to all the nodes? I have seen another similar problem with a connection causing the 24vdc to drop to 18 volts which still worked, but would occasionally result in faults.

Visual inspection won't cut it when you're looking for an electrical noise or intermittent connection. You need a specialized tool like the Woodhead DeviceNet NetMeter.

Error code 75 is a clear indicator of a DeviceNet network-side problem. From your description of faults from many of the nodes, it's probably a trunk connection, a loose termination resistor, or a power supply problem.

You're right Ken Roach, but unfortunately I don't have that tool.
Right now, during the week I can't do anything. I'll check the power supply and everything what I can on Friday or Saturday.
Does anybody know if there is company in NJ, which rents tools like DeviceNet NetMeter?