Need to buy 1747-OS302 5/03 Firmware Upgrade

BigMac

can you give me advise, please, where to buy "1747-OS302 5/03 Firmware Upgrade KIT" ?
Interested Internet-site. May be there is a way buy it via E-Bay?

Goto http://www.ab.com then click on Support in menu at top then scroll down to Online Support > Knowledgebase. Once at Knowledgebase you will see list on left that shows firmware updates...click on that.
NOTE: You will have to register to access.

There may be other things involved that I am not aware of, try it and see what happens.

SLC-5/03 and SLC-5/04 are about the only upgradeable A-B controllers that don't use ControlFlash all-software updates.

Instead, they use an EEPROM plug that attaches to the controller. You move a jumper, cycle power, watch the lights blink for a couple of minutes, and move the jumper back.

The update plug doesn't need to be permanently installed, so one plug can upgrade an unlimited number of controllers.

But it's unlikely to be available secondhand. List price is $150, from your friendly neighborhood A-B dealer. Is the application you're going to run with the new features worth that ?