Funny phrases a PLC Automation engineer want on a T-Shirt

Yup, that’s what I had in mind. I just ordered two.

Here’s one only this crowd might get: I see dint people

“Stranger: What do you do for a living?
Me: I am a controls engineering mechanical welder electrical programming purchaser carpenter technician.
Stranger: is there anything you don’t do?!
Me: Toliets.”

Problem lies between
keyboard and chair.

That one is also referred to as "the PICNIC principle"
(Problem In Chair, Not In Computer)

I strive to make my programs idiot proof. But the universe keeps coming up with greater idiots.

Different versions of that concept exist, most would require an XXXL size shirt:

Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy:

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Attributed to Tim Cook:
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Last edited:
I actually had a machine operator ask - when the crankshaft on a press broke and the bull gear hit the floor:

"Do I have time to get a coffee?"

Just add a cute cartoon of some massive damage.

Me: I am a controls engineering mechanical welder electrical programming purchaser carpenter technician.
Stranger: is there anything you don’t do?!
Me: Toliets.”

Me: I own an industrial automation company.
Stranger: So what do you do?
Me: I clean toilets.”