Small brewery PLC/HMI ideas

mister x

Talking 7 to 30 bbl in size. Heavy on the temp inputs, lets start with 20, a few analog outputs and inputs, some digital IO, all expandable. Would like a local HMI, but also capability for web access with control capability, and can preferably send alarm info via text/email. $ are important. Any thoughts? I'm partial to Rockwell and Siemens PLC, as I can get that gear cheap, but open to anything - there won't be complicated programming required.

You may want to check out the Rockwell Micro 800 series.
Their cheep and the software is free.
It would depend on the type and number of IO

Horner, HMI & PLC in one package with a remote I/O base and modules will cover your needs.
The price is right as well.
Software is free download.

If you're already across the Siemens world but need low price and high features, have a look at Insevis. I've only used the CPUs, but there's a lot of power in the free software applications.

Yeah, been glancing over at Arduino, but not sure I have the time to get into it at the level required. The AdvancedHMI sounds promising.