Switch Status in RSlogix 5000 ?

Miguel554

So I would like to check the firmware on a stratix 5700 switch. Is there a switch status function in RSlogix 5000 that tells you the status and firmware of that switch? I heard it would be in the I/O tree.

It would have to be added to the I/O tree (which I think it should only be added to a single processor). Simpler would be to just pull up the web page for the switch.

To pull up the webpage I believe I need the IP address. What is the easiest way to find out the IP address for the switch? Would it be hooking my laptop to port one and running an ipconfig? The real issue I'm having is the Stratix 5700 switch is flashing red on the EIP MOD but no real issue that I know of. I believe to fix this is to upgrade the firmware.

To pull up the webpage I believe I need the IP address. What is the easiest way to find out the IP address for the switch? Would it be hooking my laptop to port one and running an ipconfig? The real issue I'm having is the Stratix 5700 switch is flashing red on the EIP MOD but no real issue that I know of. I believe to fix this is to upgrade the firmware.

It could be any number of issues causing the EIP MOD light to flash red. You really need to check the syslog on the switch to see what is causing it. Easiest way to do this is by connecting to the web server on the switch, to do this need the IP address of the switch and type it into your web browser.

Chances are the switch has a management IP address on the same network as your PLC. Set your PC up as if you were going to connect to the PLC, plug into the switch and then run an IP scan on the network. Advanced IP Scanner is a free utility you can use for this.

Hopefully you should be able to see your switch show up in the list of scanned IP's.