Advice on a smart relay

danw

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does a so-called "smart relay" have enough I/O and timer logic to do the tasks shown below? If so, I'm open to recommendations.

I'd prefer dry contact outputs (very low duty cycle, once day) but will live with solid state if need be.

smart_relay_control_logic_manual_purge.jpg

why a smart "relay"?

an AD click is super cheap and also idec has some really cheap plc's. from what I can tell, cheaper than the zelio smart relay.

Another vote for a Click unless you need to make use of the tiny integrated display these usually have. In addition, if you have a relay failure, you can opt for a separate, replaceable I/O module.

Last edited:
IMHO, the best use of a well built programmable relay is in applications where several high current contacts are needed. Such as when a typical small, cheap PLC would need interposing relays to handle the loads.