Profibus Testing

jt5405

Hi all,
We are running 7 Profibus networks with a Siemens 315-2DP controller, up to 14 stations and an HMI on each network. We are currently using a Siemens BT200 for network testing. 20+ year old technology, which requires every connector to be unplugged for testing. Most of the newer testing protocols allow for live testing. I am wondering if anyone can recommend a product they have been happy with. My boss is actually willing to spend money for this, so I would like to find the best value for the money spent . Look forward to your thoughts!
Thanks
:geek::geek:

Actually, I'd use POE (Profitrace Over Ethernet), built inside ProCenTech's COMBricks product.
Very awesome, and it remains online all the time, and doesn't need a laptop or dongle.

Cool product! I don't have much use of continous analysis like that though because most installations we do/work with have several fiber converters. Guess I'd need one of those for every profibus-copper-segment?

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks for the responses. I think we will go with the Profitrace Mercury model as it will also work with Industrial Ethernet networks, so we can cover more equipment. I appreciate the feedback!