Anybus and Allen Bradley module

carlosvillela

I'm trying to connect a anybus ethernet/ip scanner with an allen bradley model 1794 AENT/B, but i can't find the assembly instances and data size for the allen bradley(data, data rate and connection points). Can anybody help me please? I had already try to look everywhere.

You're in for a ride...:D

What platform are you running the EtherNet/IP Flex Remote I/O on?

The info you are looking for is dependent of the implemented 'Rack Size' and is residing within the 1794-AENT .EDS (Electronic Data Sheet) file.

Search the web for 'Rockwell EDS' go there, register if not ever done it and download the relevant (Series and Revision) EDS. Open it up with a text editor and 'extract' your particular setup.

Good luck!...:D

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Unfortunately for your application, A-B modular I/O is designed and supported for use with A-B controllers, and they put very little effort into documenting the details that would allow it to be used with third party controllers.

Rockwell provides some information for the 1734 POINT platform, but directs you to the third party scanner manufacturer if you want to use 1794 FLEX.