Ge fanuc

AEI Service

Hello
I need some help / advice.

Short version need help with a GE FANUC IC693CPU323. Connected to a GE FANUC Datapanel Model 160. Would like recommendation on a repair shop that should know this unit and be able to check if there is a program in it and if not down load one I have that is supposed to be the correct one. At a reasonable cost. I would buy the soft ware and cables if available, unless it is a complicated unit to connect to, I have basic knowledge (real basic) I have a 486 laptop to work on old telemecanique TSX Nano units, I have downloaded and edited and uploaded and it worked.

longer version
I have a machine (I am the 3rd person they called) One said the power supply was bad, so owner bought one online did not work bought 2rd on did not work, now he calls me.
Found no power to power supply loose wire. Fix plc light up the touch screen still not working, trace back to a fuse. Touch screen now working. The screen seems to have info but will not do anything. Touch pad does work but when touched to start the screen changes but nothing happens, The other person said the PLC battery went dead so the memory/program was gone. Now I have seen the touch screen loose programming but never a PLC. The battery tested good.
I work in the printing industry and work on a lot of equipment with plc’s, I know the basics but really hard to take courses to learn programming when there are so many out there and all seem a little different. Plus, the software and the cables to talk to them and the computers,

other parts
FANUC IC693PWR321 Power supply
HORNER ELECTRIC HE693SNP940 Not sure what this is in the last slot.

I worked for a decade as an applications engineer for a GE PLC distributor, then ran my own company for fifteen years. I'm retired now but I still have the software for both the PLC and the HMI. I no longer travel, but if you want to send the PLC and HMI and their program files I can check it out for you.
As best I can recall, the Horner SNP940 is a serial communications module. GE offered its own serial comms module but it was incompatible with that model CPU. The CPU is a chip on the baseplate rather than a separate module. I can look through my old documentation to make sure about the Horner module.
Email me at Stephen dot bailey2 at Verizon dot net if you want to pursue this with me.

The CPU323 is a rather old model. The programming port is the 15-pin Dsub on the power supply module. It is RS485, so you will need a RS232/RS485 converter. A list of the files you have will give insight on which of four possible programming software packages was used to create it. The good news is that projects created with any of the older packages can be imported into the current offering called Proficy Machine Edition. The oldest programming package is called Logicmaster 90, originally a DOS application. I have never had much luck with it communicating through a USB/serial converter. I have been able to connect, but unable to maintain the connection long enough to successfully upload or download the program. The intermediate Windows-based package was called Versa Pro. There was also a short-lived dog of a package called Cimplicity Control.
Software for the DataPanel is called Data Designer. I have only ever used it on a laptop that had a real serial port, so I can't comment on how it might perform with a USB/serial converter.