You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old July 17th, 2017, 05:44 AM   #1
Vadagor
Spain

S7-1200 to KTP HMI Addressing

Hello everybody,

I will need to change IP addresses on some PLC´s and HMI´s. I found how to change the PLC addresses (s7-1200tools) and the HMI addresses (through their touch panel menú). My question is, where do I change the "PLC address" inside the HMI? Because I can imagine that, like in Schneider systems, if I change IP addresses, the HMI won´t know where to find the required information from. Any suggestion?

Cheers,

Nick.
Old July 17th, 2017, 08:28 AM   #2
boneless
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

I don't know of any way of doing this, besides in the engineer software.
Old July 17th, 2017, 09:48 AM   #3
dwoodlock
United States

I think you will likely have to use portal to change the plc IP address. Unless perhaps you can change system block parameters from a mmc, which I have no idea about. My want to inquire with siemens
Old July 17th, 2017, 09:50 AM   #4
Patrix
Netherlands

If your lucky, power down the panel and power on, then there should be a load screen with three options. I think it was start, tranfer and config. hit config and you can change the IP adres. But you need to tell the PLC on what adress the panel is
Old July 18th, 2017, 01:58 AM   #5
Vadagor
Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneless View Post
I don't know of any way of doing this, besides in the engineer software.
As the work will be done by unexperienced technicians, this is what I want to avoid, to use a "complex" piece of software. Thanks anyway!
Old July 18th, 2017, 01:59 AM   #6
Vadagor
Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodlock View Post
I think you will likely have to use portal to change the plc IP address. Unless perhaps you can change system block parameters from a mmc, which I have no idea about. My want to inquire with siemens
Same here. Technicians on site don't have enough experience with TIA so I don't want them to mess around.

Cheers, mate!
Old July 18th, 2017, 02:02 AM   #7
Vadagor
Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrix View Post
If your lucky, power down the panel and power on, then there should be a load screen with three options. I think it was start, tranfer and config. hit config and you can change the IP adres. But you need to tell the PLC on what adress the panel is
Yes, this was my first option but, when I checked the procedure, I found how to change the HMI Panel IP address but not the host PLC IP address.
I also saw a new document (but just for KTP700) where it says how to configure this PLC IP address, but the interface looks a bit different from the old one (which is present on my site).

I will keep looking, and praying.

Thanks!!
Old July 18th, 2017, 04:39 AM   #8
Kelkoon
Spain

Hi,

There is a tool called that may help you: SIMATIC Automation Tool

It allows you to change the PLC address.

Best regards,
kelkoon
Old July 18th, 2017, 09:16 AM   #9
mk42
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelkoon View Post
Hi,

There is a tool called that may help you: SIMATIC Automation Tool

It allows you to change the PLC address.

Best regards,
kelkoon
The SAT allows you to change the PLC IP address. However, OP has already done that. What he wants to do is change the address that the HMI is configured to connect to.

I know that the HMIs have a "ChangeConnection" system function that you can add to a button, do those work with 1200's? I could have sworn that I'd used them before, but when I just tested it, the function only seemed to support S7300/400 connections.
Old July 18th, 2017, 09:21 AM   #10
boneless
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Now I think of it, I recently did something similar, by creating a USB back-up in my office. Set up an identical screen with the correct IP info, backed it up to a USB stick and sent it to a client. He then restored the screen from the back-up.

Draw back is that you need an identical screen to do this.

Alternatively, when my techs are out and don't know what/how to do things, I often use teamviewer to do the work through their PC.
Old July 19th, 2017, 12:56 AM   #11
Vadagor
Spain

Thank you everybody for your suggestions! I think I will try what boneless mentioned about having a backup inside a USB and do the work offline.

Thanks!!!

Nick
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum