SLC to Micrologix 1400 messaging

recabite

Greetings all
I have a messaging project i need to setup.
The decision has been made to retire one of our SLC 5/05s and replace it with a micrologix 1400. The old SLC was only used for messaging and has no I/O.
I understand that if i want to read/write from the micrologix to the SLC then i need to set up the target device as 500CPU, but what about read/write from the SLC to a micrologix what do i set up the target device as? SLCCPU,PLC5, or a CIF,?

Also does anyone have any tips on a sucessful migration from a SLC to a micrologix in the MSG instruction?

Similar Topics

I'm attempting to read about 5 different PLC's and storing their data in a CompactLogix 5380 where I can manipulate the data I need. I am having...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am currently trying to use a micrologix 1100 to read data from 7 SLC 5/05's and 3 Control Logix. I am only needing one word from each...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone! Hope everyone is having a great day. I just started out with PLC’s and by that I mean I was trying to understand how things...
Replies
Views
I have 5 SLC 503's that I want to network to a Micrologix 1100. All 503 CPU's have their channel 0 occupied so I need to use channel 1. Is this...
Replies
Views
I have a project where we are life cycling a piece of equipment. The cycle lasts a week long and has 6 modes of operation where 5 of the modes...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom