Simulating Unity and Red Lion Crimson 3.0

jordan45

How do I simulate a PLC program from Unity to the Red Lion Crimson HMI?

When I put Unity in simulation mode the IP is set to 127.0.0.1, but I can't set Red Lion to this.

Am I missing an intermediate software to accomplish this? With a physical PLC I just point Red Lion to PLC IP.

I'm using both Unity and Red Lion on a VM.

Thanks

is you HMI real one or simulator.

If it is also simulator on PC, then you need to point comms also simulated panel to 127.0.0.1

If panel is real one, then this maybe work.

Download Unity (simulator) to 127.0.0.1
Disconnect Unity from simulator. (only disconnect, don't close simulator on PC)

Connect your real ethernet port to panel (Your PC have IP x.x and panel x.y)
Change on Unity simulator IP from 127.0.0.1 (change communication settings on Unity pro) to point yous PC's real ethernet port's IP (= x.x)
Connect Unity again to simulator (now to IP: x.x)
Simulator should work and you should see equal online view than with IP 127.0.0.1
Unity simulator points now outwhere of your PC. (check firewall setting for port 502)

-> Your real HMI panel should see Unity at IP x.x