FactoryTalk View-Pushbutton has tag attached but no activity on Test or HMI.Any ideas

Cydog

Good Afternoon ,

I'm doing a FactoryTalk View application ME, and I have a Momentary Pushbutton that I have the correct tag attached to it , but it will just not respond in the Test Mode or on the HMI. I deleted the pushbutton , and drilled down to the tags again , and still would not work.

Any thoughts ? Thanks so much .

I have FactoryTalk 10 .

There are a lot of things that could cause your button not to work. I feel like there is not enough information here to really be of much assistance. I am going to assume that you are connected to a PLC.

A few things to consider: Is the PLC in run mode? Is this the only button with an issue, or does it exist elsewhere? Is there something in the PLC program setting the tag to a different value? Are you addressing the tag to the bit level, for example ::[Source]Tag.Bit? Is the indicator tag set correctly?

Without more information, this is about all I can think of.

I was facing somewhat similar issue with Factory talk view version 10.
No it's not because of version 10 actually.
I was having two plcs
1.1747 L532E OS302 FRN10 & later
2.1747 L533E OS302 FRN 10 & later.
Both were working well with RSVIEW32 SCADA system.
Which was running on a Windows XP.
Communication details
Ethernet cable to PC via 1761 Net Eni module series D.
When it was migrated to factory talk view version 10,both plcs were visible in Rslinx Enterprise nodes,but tag & screen was updating only for L532E processor.
Neither online tags nor screen values in SCADA for L533E.
Factory talk view is running on windows 10 pc.
Please help,Iam having a project deadline..

tarik1978
Thanks for that link. I went through that note.
Checked with every steps.
As i told above,iam having two slc 5/03 processors.
1.L532E(16k memory)
2.L533E(32k) memory
Everything worked well with first one and not with latter.
Iam able to see both online tags and screen updation on taking communication via Rslinx classic opc.
Also i can go online with plc program in Rslogix 500.
I just checked with Rslinx classic and after that i have deleted all topics and shut it down,so that it won't interfere with enterprise.
Whatever the reason may be,why is it not affecting L532E but only L533E,seems mysterious.
Is there any compatibility issue existing with 32k processor?