Problem Citect Scada

SsshhH

hello,

I am using CITECT SCADA to control the PLC in our project. I have a problem with CITECT now.

I made a button and I could compile and run it without any problem.
But then I got a problem with making more than one button. It always give an error [ FATAL error: OID out of sequence. Set(OID)Reset=1 ] when I compiled it.

I tried to check the communication and setting but I still could not find what the real problem is.

I hope someone can give some information for this problem. thanks.

Your OID's (Object ID's) are out of sequence, the complile error is telling you what to do

Go to the computer setup editor OID section and set Reset=1 this will reset the OID's on compile.

The error is explained in the computer setup editor:

[OID]Reset

Resets all OIDs (Object IDs) at compile.

Warning! Don't set this parameter to 1 if you are using OPC drivers.

When a new variable tag is created in CitectSCADA, and the project is compiled, the tag is assigned an OID. The OID for a new tag is always greater than the OID of the last tag added. Unless you set this parameter to 1, tags will always retain their original OIDs.

The Reset parameter is used for one of two reasons:

• Even if you add a tag and delete it immediately, its OID is not released. The next tag will still be assigned a higher OID. This means the OID count can increase quickly, and cannot be reduced by deleting tags. The OID count determines the maximum number of tags. If you add and delete a lot of tags, you may reach the maximum. If you do, a compile error will advise you to set this parameter to 1.
  • If you manually edit the variable tags database, and move tags into different positions, the OIDs will become out of order. When you compile, you'll be instructed to set this parameter to 1.
Allowable Values:

• 0 - (Do not reset OIDs)
  • 1 - (Reset OIDs - automatically returns to 0 (zero) after compile)
Default Value: 0

Last edited:
hello tragically1969,

Where can I reach the computer setup editor?
Citect Explorer > Computer Setup ??

Is the computer setup editor you mean is the computer setup?

I am working at it now. so maybe you could give me a help, because I am quite new at this.

Hi Shhh

Its been a few years since I used Citect but if I remember correctly you go to your project overview and its in one of the menu options at the top. Something like Project Settings or something. It will open in Notepad. Just make the change that Tragically mentioned and save it. Then do a fresh compile and you should be good to go.

Remember it cos you'll probably need it again before you've finished your project.

:)

SsshhH said:
hello tragically1969,

I am working at it now. so maybe you could give me a help, because I am quite new at this.

That Computer Setup sounds familiar... see if it opens as a separate Notepad file.. if it does have a look for the [OID]Reset tag.

SsshhH said:
hello tragically1969,

Not in front of it now but i think its under the Tools>Computer Setup Editor on all parts of the system

Essentially it edits the citect.ini file via a GUI (citect.ini is located in the windows directory, search for it and you can edit as a text file)

Got it

Hello,

I got it...

I just search for the word OID in the help tab and I could just click a button to go to the setting. I set it as 1 and it works very well. Thanks so much ....

Problem has been solved :D

Compiling prevents acknowledge of alarms

Whenever i make a change in Citect v7.0r1 and compile...i cannot acknowledge any alarms. if i restore to before the compile..all is good.....any suggestions

Thanks

I am having OID overflow error. I have set the OID reset=1 , but the problem still persists. Any ideas to solve this issue?. Thank you