Red Lion Crimson 3.0 - Communicating with Schneider PLC (unity PRO XL software)

Yna

Hi,

It is my first time to use the redlion OIT software. I am using the crimson 3.0, I just want to know if it is possible to communicate the crimson with the unity pro xl even without the OIT unit? I'm just using the emulator.

I've tried to configure the network using manual configuration and assigned an IP address. On protocol1, I used the schneider Modbus TCP/IP driver. On the block 1, the ip address that i configure is same with the PLC address. I've created data tags and assign tag address similar to the tag address on the PLC. But, this is not working.

Can anyone help me communicating with scheider PLC?

Thank you.

Hi,

It is my first time to use the redlion OIT software. I am using the crimson 3.0, I just want to know if it is possible to communicate the crimson with the unity pro xl even without the OIT unit? I'm just using the emulator.

I've tried to configure the network using manual configuration and assigned an IP address. On protocol1, I used the schneider Modbus TCP/IP driver. On the block 1, the ip address that i configure is same with the PLC address. I've created data tags and assign tag address similar to the tag address on the PLC. But, this is not working.

Can anyone help me communicating with scheider PLC?

Thank you.

The emulator should work but you will need to configure it in Link > Options to work with the port on your computer.

Thanks
Jeremy

Thank you Jeremy. That is what I did but still the tags are not communicating correctly. I tried to subtract 1 from the tag adress. example plc adress is %M4120 then i made it %M04119 on the crimson. Its working in this case and applicable only on digital IO. Is it corerct? How about the analaog value? The value that crimson reads is unstable 1.0745E-12 instead of floating point even the tag configuration is in float.

Hi Jeremy! I already solved my problem regarding communication with schneider PLC. I found out that I had a mistake on the network device configuration, I have not set the real data byte order properly.

Thank you.

Last edited: