Omron C28K

scrub71

Can anyone tell me a little about the Omron C28K?
I picked one up cheap and want to use it.
Is there software availble?
Is there a cable that interfaces it with a PC?
Any info/opinons is welcomed.
Thanks

I would look for another model if I couldn't find a cable for really cheap. Yes there is free software(syswin3.4) you can download but I dont have the address.
The reason that I would not spend a lot on this cable is that the C28 is an old model and doesn't have a lot of functionallity, but enough to learn the basics.

To connect a PC to the C28k you will need a Hostlink as the K model PLC's do not have a serial port. The last time I checked the price of the hostlink it cost more than a new small PLC.

Thanks for the input.
I want to use to to control my train set so I dont need alot of special functions. If I cant find a reasonable cable, is there a handheld programmer? I'm not familiar with Omron's line.
Thanks again

The part numbers for which you are looking are as follows:

Hostlink - 25PIN RS232: 3G2C7-LK201

Hand Held Programmer: 3G2A5-PRO15-E

Both are obsolete. Try ebay. :cool:

c28k

Does any one know where to download the program syswin3.4 I need It for my c28k conroller.

Last edited: