"Short circuit bug" in Profibus DP repeaters

Ken Roach

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I'm looking at Profibus DP repeaters, and have been reading datasheets and user manuals.

The website for the Procentec model B1 repeater refers to "the frustrating short-circuit bug" of Profibus DP repeaters.

What is it referring to ?

My guess is that an unpowered repeater might look like a short circuit to the connected Profibus DP network, but that's a complete spitball guess.

Can anyone shed some light on this ? I've dispatched an e-mail to Procentec but would like some independent perspective.

My goal is to use several repeaters to allow a single Hilscher NT50-MPI gateway to access four otherwise independent Profibus DP networks, one at a time.

Similar Topics

Hi group! Repeatedly found answers to some questions in the PLC's programming world, now I decided to ask the question directly) Now I am...
Replies
Views
Hi, I use Allen Bradleys 194e serie as load switch for my cabinets. The technical data confuses me, it says: On the general data it says...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm a little bit confused on how understand the short-circuit ratings on some components in my cabinet and hoping for some advise. I have...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a customer with a ABB ACS601-0025-2-000B1500001. I cannot seem to find a good troubleshooting manual online. This is one vfd...
Replies
Views
trying to force an input to test a machine input was already with 24vdc and jumpered it to 0v, and shorted out joined 24vdc positive and 0v common...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom