Convert Scl Compiled File To Source File

sanjay_snj

hi guys !

i m new to siemens SCL. Actually we have a PLC program given by our supplier who has done some programming in SCL. But he has not supplied us the source file.

is there any software, which can again convert the compiled S7 SCL Blocks into a SCL source file ?

or is there any easy way to understand the compiled program ?

thanx in advance.

yes, simon

we have asked for it. but they say it is there know how and in case of any problem we should call them, even if we have paid for the program.

but u can understand saying is very easy. normally we instrument people are there to take care PLC and management excepts us to solve the problem instead of paying the contractor again & again.

The simplest method if you paid for the program is to make one more phone call to the supplier but let your company lawyer make the call.

If you didnt pay for it then you shouldnt have it.

If they won't give you the source code for these blocks, why not ask for a full functional description of the blocks? That way you will be able to troubleshoot the rest of the program and they can protect their intellectual property.

hello guys !

lots of thanx for good advice. but problem is not simple. its not a job of today. this program was given back to one of the section of my plant, may be 10 years back. who knows who purchase ? by whom purchase as 3rd party contractor was involved. so its really difficult to track it.

but anyway by all of your answers i understood that there is no way out.

thanx.

Hard work

Hi sanjay_snj

Usually you can get the source but written in AWL language. You can analyse it and make a KOP or FUP program with the same funcionality. The SCL compiler just writes down you pascal like code in AWL.

Best Regards,
Kelkoon

hi kelkoon !

i m quite unfamiliar with the term AWL, KOP & FUP. Can u please brief little bit how i can make source file in AWL. and then how to make KOP or FUP.

AWL, KOP and FUP are the German (Siemens) names for STL, Ladder and FBD.

Is the copy of the program Know-How protected. It probably is, but if not you can open it in the STL/LAD/FBD editor. It won't be nice, but you may be able to see enough to understand what's going on.

I wouldn't mind betting that I could open it , of course you won't have comments etc , but better than nothing
I do agree that unless agreed otherwise at the time of contract , the code remains the property of the programmer , and you have purchased the right to use it . Bill Gates takes the same attitude.
I routinely lock all blocks , and protect the processor after the job has been protocolled and signed off , I will also provide NV storage if a card is provided . Never used to do this , but found another so called programmer hawking my software around as his own , This matter was resolved without recourse to a lawyer , and now no one gets the chance to try .
If you are untitled to do it , post the block , and I'll give it a blast .