siemens transfer license from one pc to another via usb

stu

Hi guys
I need to transfer a tia license for a couple of days from one pc to another via usb and then back again after wards.
What is right way to do this (step by step)
I don't want to lose the license?
If I right click on the license it has a transfer and then generate code but not sure the next bit ? (Plus not that brave lol)

Stu
Don’t worry. It’s easy
Right click on your license (on the pc)>
Then just transfer to the usb drive (that location will show after clicking transfer)

You will get a message that the transfer is done

I always click on the usb drive after the transfer to “see” the license is there too

Thanks JRW
And then on the other pc transfer from usb to pc ? What about generate codes ? Or offline transfer is this an option to transfer ? I have seen it on the software

USB transfer is easy. Use offline transfer if you don't have USB stick or your another PC is far away.

make sure you correctly eject the USB when disconnecting. ;)

Or at least make sure that you have original Siemens USB key with serial available or screenshot of licenses.
Transferring license works nowadays with normal USB stick

Helps lot of when contact Siemens for lost liceses. (y)

The yellow Siemens disks with abnormal format type and disk read failure. O tempora, o mores

hi guys
I can transfer on to usb stick fine , but the laptop im transferring to has this display ? I cant see the license tabs ? it has the same verison software
thanks stu

automation license.jpg

At the top of your screen there is drop down box. Change it from 'Search results' to 'License keys'.