Load cell Interface with PLC

balajiraja

In my project we are using load cell for monitoring the weight of the unknown materials, and this load cell is interface with PLC for process control system. So we need circuit diagram for this load cell converter circuit of 4-20ma to the PLC...

Don't go for the manufacturing... You will get this ready-made converter card from indiamart. Also It is not recommended to use converter card rather direct PLC interfacing module for accuracy issue. I have used delta make load cell module and interfaced with PLC via MODBUS communication

please answer the following questions.

Load cell manufacturer and model #
load cell amplifier manufacturer and model #
plc brand name and model #
analog input card model #

without this, we can give you hundreds of answers.

did you try google for these part number manuals?

regards,
james

I think i Got all connections now.
my next step is to define unknown materials weights on ladder logic any suggestion or sample idea i can start with?

I have reread your post and I have several questions I think you need to address.

How much weight.
how big of a container - you may need multiple load cells to weigh the storage bin and material.
if you use multiple load cells, you will need to buy an integrated system, ie. load cells and summation controller.

james

if you use multiple load cells, you will need to buy an integrated system, ie. load cells and summation controller.
All load cell transmitters can accept multiple load cells, either via an integrated summing or via an external summing box.
I have noticed that more brands now does the summing in software. That allows you to monitor single load cells which is invaluable for installation and troubleshooting.
I definitely prefer such a load cell transmitter, placed locally at the load cells - definitely NOT remotely in a control room far away from the load cells.
4-20 mA output is plenty accurate enough for most applications. Otherwise, if you need the native load cell signal - then go for a local transmitter with profinet, profibus, devicenet or similar connection to the controller.