You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old September 13th, 2021, 03:17 PM   #1
sooner
United States

MicroLogix 1200 Communication Toggle Button

I don't have any prior experience with MicroLogix so the Communication Toggle Button is new to me. We currently have a few MicroLogix that are using the RS 232 port (Channel 0) to communicate to the HMI. I am needing upload from the PL C to make a slight modification to the program and download it back to the PLC.

The PLC is currently not communicating with me through my Serial to USB converter cable. I have read and found out about the Communication Toggle Button that will allow the PLC to flip back and forth from the User-Defined configuration and default configuration of the communication port. Once I toggle the communication button to default and am able to communicate and upload from the PLC, make my change and insert it back into the PLC, am I able to simply just toggle back the communication button so the PLC will communicate with the HMI as before through whatever protocol it was using before my change? Will it still revert back to the user-defined communication protocol?
Old September 13th, 2021, 03:44 PM   #2
alan_505
Lifetime Supporting Member
Australia

That's what it was designed to do.
Toggling the switch should switch between modes.
Old September 13th, 2021, 04:07 PM   #3
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Yes, that's exactly what it does.

When you press the DCOMM button and the DCOMM LED turns on, then the Channel 0 serial port is set for the default DF1 settings (Full Duplex point-to-point, 8/N/1 framing, 19200 baud, CRC error checking).

If you press the button again and the DCOMM LED extinguishes, the controller goes back to whatever settings the user program was configured to use.
Old September 15th, 2021, 11:36 AM   #4
MikeVT
United States

I ran into this issue, too, a couple of weeks ago. Where is this DCOMM button? Next to the 8-pin mini din?

I ended up disconnecting the HMI, and plugging that HMI cable into a UIC adapter, to get online with that ML1200 PLC. Found out the channel 0 port was set for DH485.
Old September 15th, 2021, 11:59 AM   #5
alan_505
Australia

The DCOMM button is to the right of the connector just under the trim pots.
See page 69 of this user manual https://literature.rockwellautomatio...m001_-en-p.pdf
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum