You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old September 15th, 2021, 01:35 PM   #1
Jim G.
United States

Importing comments in Studio 5000

We recently upgraded an A-B processor to firmware V33. I went to open the program the other day and the program comes up but the comments are missing. Have been trying to import the comments ever since but, after the import runs for several hours, it stops and kicks out the following error. See attachment.

How do I recover my comments?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen shot.jpg (78.1 KB, 51 views)
Old September 15th, 2021, 01:51 PM   #2
travispedley
United States

dmroeder would probably tell you to export to L5K and create a new project from that and see what happens. I would agree with him. Then try to import the comments again.
Old September 15th, 2021, 02:01 PM   #3
dmroeder
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by travispedley View Post
dmroeder would probably tell you to export to L5K and create a new project from that and see what happens. I would agree with him. Then try to import the comments again.
hmm, that does sound like something I might say. The new phrase I'm trying to make stick is give your ACD an enema.
Old September 15th, 2021, 02:08 PM   #4
dmroeder
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Searching the knowledge base, that particular hex error code is given for a LOT of different issues.

WAG, if you go to the View dropdown menu, make sure the "watch" window is closed (uncheck it). That watch window has caused some strange crashes. Along with that, they recommend uninstalling .NET framework 4.7.1.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum