MicroLogix Datalog Extract Utility??

penbroke

I am trying to do some data logging from a ML-1500 using the MicroLogix Datalog Extract Utility. I have the PLC end working fine and am able to get the data into the utility but when I try to save it I get "Couldn't start Excel Application object." It seems that the utility is trying to start Excel rather than writing the file to disc? If that is so, is there a way to get this utility to just write the file without opening Excel? I really just want to store the data for later use.

...or am I missing something else?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Frank

How about printing it to a PDF writer, like "CutePDF" or "PDF995".

When I try to save, my computer does not try to open "Excel" it just ask me where I want to save a ??.xls file.

Last edited:
I am getting the data to the utility on the PC with no problem. What I would like to do is save it on the PC's hard drive without running Excel on that PC. Ultimately the data will end up in Excel, but at another time and places so the pdf idea won't work. I just assumed that the utility would be able to save the file directly...

Mine askes where I want to save the ??.xls file as well but gives me the "Couldn't start Excel Application object." message when I choose a location. I'm not sure what it's trying to do. I do not have Excel installed on that machine. I use Open Office instead.

Thanks,
Frank

Finally got back to this. I installed Excel and it works fine. I'm not sure what it needs from Excel. It happens too quickly to be opening Excel to save the file.

Is there another or better way to do this?

Thanks for the help!

Frank