Cling film over HMI displays

cardosocea

Hello,

My manager showed me an old style MPxxx HMI from Siemens where the operators cover it with cling film to ensure they don't mess it up.

I'm now considering using one of their new Comfort Panels so am wondering if it would also work with cling film over the top or if the new touch technology wouldn't like it.

Has anyone seen this in the past? Or has any experience on how to protect HMI displays in messy industries?

We have them made and sell a lot as the are cheap and a lot cheaper than replacing the screen or the HMI, they are just a really big cell phone or tablet cover

https://www.plccable.com/allen-bradley-panelview-plus-screen-protector/

We only have them for the Allen Bradley PV's but can have any size made, im sure you can have them made over there... if not let me know the size and I will check the price for you

So long as it is a Resistive touch screen then you should be OK with Folix Screen protectors, like this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/atFoliX-Sc...83951&sr=8-23&keywords=folix+screen+protector
I just buy the one for the biggest screen at the lowest price and then cut them to size. They can be a bit fiddly getting them on without leaving air bubbles caused by dust particles, but it does make for a clean HMI. Folix supply a 'lint free' cloth and a spreader thingy to help. Looks a lot neater than clingfilm, but is more expensive.

I just buy the one for the biggest screen at the lowest price and then cut them to size.

That works also... I sell a lot to a large Pizza chain and they use them for their screen on the cash register, just make sure you use a sharp razor and cut it a little big, if the edge is not perfect then it can give you false touch inputs but if its out of the touch area it does not matter