RSView32 Project: Primary Communication Driver: None Loaded

DrewSanders

This is a total novice question... hopefully I can describe clearly.

We have a Windows 7 machine with an Allen Bradley 1784-PKTX Card installed. We have the device drivers installed and all looks good in Windows Device Manager.

We have an existing RSView32 project that we are trying to run on this system (it currently runs fine on another virtually identical machine running windows XP). When I go into the project and look under System - Channel. Channel 1 is set for DH+ but the Primary Communications Driver is "none loaded" and the drop-down has no driver loaded. This should have an AB_KT-1driver available to select but does not.... what I am not clear on, is how do you get the AB_KT-1 driver to appear here?

Thanks for your help!

Guessing....

RSLinks on the XP loads the 32 bit drivers that are available, but RSLinks on the W7 is a 64 bit and it does load 'all drivers' only the ones that are compatible with 32 bit OS's

This is a 32-bit install of Win7. After digging around I did realize that to get the driver loaded I need to do that from RSLinx Classic... and it appears we do that in RSLinx Communications - Configure Drivers But when we launch RSLinx Classic we do not get a program interface, it just starts the service. What am I missing here?