PV 1000 "error 208"

juanmdx

Hi,

I'm using a PV 1000 to control an SLC5/04 plc, so far everything has been working ok on all 10 equipments (is a production line), then I modified the program on the first press to add another sensors, I downloaded the program to the otherones and everything is fine.
But on the las press when I download the program and run it it gives me an error and on the S:5 (Overflow trap) and on the PV appears an error 208 (unable to communicate to plc).

I already checked the controller and channel configuration and everything is ok, can anyone tell why is this happening?, I really prefer to download the program from another plc of the line than to make all the changes again... (I already try with all the other plc's program and still get the errors)

Thanks

Juan

The problem is not with the Panelview communication. It can't communicate because the PLC is faulted. You will have to determine and repair the cause of the fault in the PLC.

Your problem occurs when you made something mathematical that the PLC detects and it goes protect, look for ADD, DIV, CPT, that is over 32767, its the easy way to figure out the problem.

Your Panel view is not the problem, is the PLC logic.

Overflow Trap S:5/0
When this bit is set (1) by the controller, it indicates that a mathematical overflow has occurred in the ladder program.