Fanuc 9030 firmware upgrade problem

rainbow_elec

I am having difficulty trying to upgrade the firmware in a CPU352 and am hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. I have a 352 with firmware revision 8.1 and am trying to upgrade to 9.11, I am connected with an RS232 cable connected to port 2 (RJ11) of the CPU. The connect baud rate is set to "AUTO", odd parity, 1 stop bit. When I try to update the CPU I get a major error message "Target does not support Firmware flash updates".
I downloaded the firmware update just today and am following the instructions to a tee I believe. Has anyone else run into the same problem?
I am trying to test the PLC with Machine Edition 5.8 (demo)but can not upload or download anything to the PLC because the firmware is 8.1. It appears I am communicating with the PLC as I can stop and start the scan but I can't upload the program.

Double check the position of the key switch.

You also need to have the standard GE communication cable. This is the 9pin/15pin RS232-RS485 SNP cable. The notes I have about firmware upgrades for a CPU352 mention the power supply port (15pin), port 1 of the CPU (RJ11) and port 2 of the CPU (15pin).

Good Luck!

Finally

Thanks for the reply. The upgrade worked fine when I used port 2. Port 1 (the one I was trying) won't work for this firmware upgrade.