FactoryTalk View Studio ME Issues

PaulyT

Folk,
I have attached a word file that has bitmap pics of images to help explain two issues I'm having with FactoryTalk View ME. I've attached the file because I couldn't figure out how to get the pics in the post.

At any rate, please respond with any help concerning a possible 'FactoryTalk Server Alarm' and the phantom 'Green Border' around numeric keypad buttons.

Thanks again,
PaulyT

The icon you referred to is just the icon RA uses for their HMI server. Nothing to do with alarms. It does not change state. That is always the icon, and it always looks exactly like that. Remember, you are looking at the development software, not any sort of run-time view.

The issue with seeing the Logix 5000 tags is known. I usually have pretty good luck viewing the tags online. It often takes a refresh to show up, but in all it usually works pretty well. However, browsing offline is a whole other experience. It's almost as if the system takes a snapshot when you start up and no changes are visible unless you restart. Possibly version 6.1 improved the offline browsing.

The green border you are seeing is showing you which item on the screen has "focus". If you are using a keypad and want to move from one object to another, you can use TAB and the arrow keys to navigate. The green outline is so you know where you cursor is right now.

You can turn that feature off or change the color by right-clicking a blank space on the display and selecting Display Settings. Click the Behavior tab and you will see the option to change that setting. That is a "per display" setting. Each display has their own settings.

OG

Thanks OG!

Will remember about the server icon.

Seeing tags . . . Refreshing folders done no good for me even with the online folder, but I did figure out logging out of Factory talk and logging back in seems to update the folders. Like you mentioned when speaking about offline operations, "Its as if the system takes a snapshot when you start up and no changes are visible unless you restart."

Cool on the green border. For me I just disabled. Great to know.

Thanks again!
PaulyT