SLC 5/05 RIO Rack

lookinfor

I have a remote rack and intermediately the out put cards will turn off then right back on
i have exchanged or replaced the following in this order
the racks power supply, the 1747-asb,the rack,the 1747-sn, the rack voltage is 119.5. there is a total of 2 remote racks on the system. the one with the problem is the first on the cable.
any suggestions will be appreciated

The 1747-ASB has retry and error counters in the "M1" diagnostic file.

See Chapter 4 of the User Manual for the definitions of the data in the M1 file.

I typically use a COP instruction to copy the data from that diagnostic file into an ordinary integer file every second or so.

I suspect you'll find the Retry counter incrementing, which is going to point to a bad connection or noise on the network cable.

Or if there are no faults or retries, you can look more closely at the chassis and I/O power.

i do not have a diagnostic file
can you explain hoe to set up one?
also there is no error codes on the 1747-asb caard
thank you
Van

There's no Diagnostic File like you can choose for a Channel 0 or Channel 1 network port.

Instead, use a repeating timer to copy the first 48 words of the M1 file to an unused Integer file.

For example, to copy the status information into Integer data file N20, you would use COP, Source = M1:1.0, Destination N20:0, Length 48.

Get the User Manual (Publication 1747-UM013) and look in Chapter 4 for the structure of the M1 file.

9ru7niKbiyywAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
currently it is operating correctly. ????
wondering if it could be a overheating problem?
Van
9ru7niKbiyywAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

plc.JPG