NAT Device Options

Dryhops

Our facility has a number of machines that utilize NAT devices to connect to the broader industrial network. Specifically, the Allen Bradley 9300-ENA.

We are adding more equipment that I would like to set up to mimic this. Are there any alternatives to the 9300-ENA, or do I need to use this for compatibility reasons? It is impressively expensive for something that performs a glorified find and replace.

Thanks for you time!

Our facility has a number of machines that utilize NAT devices to connect to the broader industrial network. Specifically, the Allen Bradley 9300-ENA.

We are adding more equipment that I would like to set up to mimic this. Are there any alternatives to the 9300-ENA, or do I need to use this for compatibility reasons? It is impressively expensive for something that performs a glorified find and replace.

Thanks for you time!

How many devices are you trying to map?

Looks like your 9300-ENA will support 128 translations. I use the 1783-NATR in my facility, but that only supports 32 mappings.

This is actually a fairly small panel in terms of devices I need to map. It will be a tank farm with 16 tanks. I only have 2x 1734-AENTR's and a 1756-EN2TR that are addressed. In the future there may be 1 or 2 more addresses mapped.

I'm really trying to adhere to the original design of the facility, where each tank farm is a self contained network, connected to the larger industrial network via NAT. However I'm sort of on the fence as to if the benefits of this modular setup are worth the cost.