OT: GF Signet Flow Meter

Joel201

Good Day,

This is not a PLC question but i really need some help regarding the 2537 Rotor-X PaddleWheel Flowmeter (3-2537). My problem is regarding the K-Factor. I used the K-Factor Calculator (http://www.gfps.com/content/gfps/signet/en_US/downloads/kfactor.html) and got a K-factor of 15.0060 for gallons, btw it is installed in a 4in pipe sch80 using gf signet fittings, also i saw that value in their manuals and it said that this k-factor may vary depending on pipe roughness. Ok now the problem when i used that K-factor the flow rate is not the same as the one i am getting by manual calculation of flow rate using a 110 liters container the difference is so high, for example the flow meter is saying that the flow is only 25gpm but when i calculate the flow through manual i get 200gpm there is a big gap, so i used the calibration option for flow of the flow meter i used the values i calculate using the container to calibrate it and then it calculated the K-factor which gives me 6.5280. Why is it like that

Regards,
Joel