Omron Upgrade

Mrslipmat

Gents

This one is for any Omron Guru,s out there, I,m more of a Siemens man myself, I have a processor which looking at it has pretty much run out of memory, it,s at the point where you can,t go online to do any mods as it does,nt have any processing power left to do so !! The CPU in question is a CQM1H-CPU51.

1) is it possible to upgrade this unit without having to replace all the i/o cards ?

2) if the above is possible, what would the best route be CPU wise ?

3) Would the current program be able to be downloaded without conversion ?

Many thanks for any forthcomming help

Regards

John

Your only real option would be to replace the CQM1H-CPU51 with a CQM1H-CPU61. The CPU51 has 7.2K of program capacity, the CPU61 has 15.2K, a bit better than double.

The CQM1(H) I/O is unique to that series.

Program will directly transfer, you would just need to update the CPU setting in the software.

Hope this will help.