Can RSLinx upload ladder programs from PLC?

noznoz

Can RSLinx upload and download ladder programs from/to ControlLogix witout RSLogix?
I need to develop the application software to upload and download ladder programs automatically. I thought RSLinx can do this, but I couldn't find any APIs to up/download programs.
If anyone knows how to do, please let me know.

Thank you for your reply.

In order to get the APIs to download the program , do I need to make a contract with Rockwell?
If you have any information about Rockwell software partnership, please let me know.

noznoz

Rockwell already sells software that uploads and downloads controller programs, including automatic archiving and maintenance software, and those have a complex security integration too.

If you're looking to develop a competitive product, I think they're going to be reluctant to license that API to you.

What's the goal of your development project ?

Last edited: