Breaking Capacity.

Riche Robledo

Good day to all... :unsure:

Please help me to know the breaking capacity of MCB circuit breaker?

Example.. 1000 ampere MCB circuit breaker..
are there any computations to get that breaking capacity?

any idea you may help me to clear my problem...

Respectfully yours.
RR

It is one of the data that must be informed by the manufacturer.

The short-circuit breaking capacity is typically printed on the circuit breaker on the front or the side. Or find the data sheet for the circuit breaker in question.

sir Jesper..

I dont have data manufacturer for that breaker..i want to know only the short circuit breaking capacity for 1000 amps MCB circuit breaker? is it more than 1000 amps,exactly 1000 amps, or below 1000 amps the circuit breaker will trip?

thanks...
RR

Riche Robledo.

"Breaking capacity" is how much current the circuit breaker can interrupt. This value is normally much higher than the rated value for the breaker. It has to be.
When the breaker will trip is a totally different question.
For knowing when the circuit breaker will trip, then you will need the tripping characteristic for the breaker in question.

Both breaking capacity and tripping characteristics cannot be derived just from knowing the rated current value. You need the exact data from the exact breaker type you intend to use.