Micrologix 1400 - HMI communication

The gender has nothing to do with it, obviously you need the proper gender to make the physical connection. But to make a null-modem cable it is the electrical connections that matter.

Pin 2 to 3
Pin 3 to 2
Pin 5 to 5

Just like your link shows

That's all you need to do to make it a null-modem cable.

In the ''Controller properties" dont have the DF1 driver.... is it required? I think that is not required.....

com.jpg

If your PLC is configured for DF1 protocol then use comm 1 on your HMI.

Controllers properties is showing you what was used the last time you communicated with the PLC from your PC. It has nothing to do with your HMI.

Last edited:
If your PLC is configured for DF1 protocol then use comm 1 on your HMI.

Controllers properties is showing you what was used the last time you communicated with the PLC from your PC. It has nothing to do with your HMI.

The error messages still keeps on there. Please, see the all configuration displays od RSLogix and HMI. What is wrong? Thanks

HMI-RSLOGIX.jpg

When you searched the forum for a similar problem, did you see my thread a few days ago describing communication problems for the same model of plc? I had a lot of tries with the full duplex before rtfm for my hmi and successfully using half duplex and node number.