PLC Training Requirements Question

MitsM83

I have recently been asked a few times by a few people if I could put together a few basic MX classes.
They want to learn basic Industrial Electrical troubleshooting; PLC VFD and the wires that hook it all together.

I am seeing this as a potential way to earn some extra cash in my spare time.

My first question is for the trainers I see on here.

Are there any regulations here for this type of stuff?

Can I just get some set ups and start training people in my garage?

Side convo: Do any of you do Automation Consulting? I got asked also if I could come to a warehouse and look at efficiency and "tweek" some stuff to improve throughput. I know I am capable of this. I am just not sure of the liability and insurance the whole legal part. What do you have for insurance? Is it worth your trouble?

If you are going to train, you might as well do it right.

regulations.
NFPA 70 - electrical code
NFPA70E - Arc Flash
NFPA 79 - Electrical Standard for industrial Machinery.

PPE will be required even for training purposes.
I complete set for you and each student.
you never know when something will go wrong.

Insurance - Definitely.
if you are training and getting paid for it, you are considered a professional and as such you need insurance to cover yourself when one of your students shorts something out or other type of incident. doesn't matter how many or few times you have done the training, you are considered a professional.

just my opinion,
james