Factorytalk me active x set up

stu

Hi all
I have a issue understanding the active X instructions , I have tried setting up an ipconfig and couldn't get it to work ? How do I get the IP address into the application? Thanks stu

I made a plant wide application that uses the ME_TerminalInfo ActiveX on a startup screen to get the IP address of the terminal. It is just triggered by a 1 in the Enable word. Then it fires a ME_MacroMultiplexer ActiveX triggered by the last octet set by Terminal Info to fire macros based on the last digit of the IP address. Those macros set internal tags that allow the terminal to operate the equipment in that area. They also set tags that are used for alarm triggers so the alarm popup only works on enabled areas.

I'm sure JaxGTO will be more than able to accomodate you. Just to assist, this technote explains the functionality of the TerminalInfo ActiveX Control which includes the Terminal IP address...

518641 - Terminal Info ActiveX Control for FactoryTalk View Machine Edition
Access Level: Everyone

There is also reference to the "Terminal Info OCX Demo" application that is included in FactoryTalk View ME Studio v7 and above.

However, if you are looking to acheive more a control implementation, similar to JaxGTO, than just an info retrieval implementation, then I have a feeling that this technote might be the one for you?...

117806 - Using the ME_IPInfo ActiveX control to auto start an initial graphic display depending on IP address of the PanelView Plus terminal
Access Level: Everyone

Regards,
George