PanelView Plus 600 -- 3a Stuck Touch

Max4507

Hi all!

I'm trying to restart an HMI which originally showed the message 3a Stuck Touch. I cleaned the HMI, then rebooted it, it now show a screen with a "no touch" picture.

I presume that the touch screen is defect, but my point is we do not have any backup from the HMI. Also, the firmware seems too old to let me use the white square.

So, is there any other way to backup the application?

Best regards,

I am not loving your chances of being able to recover the project. I am assuming that you have already tried to upload the project in FactoryTalk View, but this will not work because the Panelview does not completely boot up.

If I remember correctly, the Panelview Plus 600 is the plastic one with everything encased inside. Perhaps when you get the new one you could disassemble the new one and put the old motherboard in the new unit?? (yuck).. or just bite the bullet and rewrite the application..

The "Logic Module" is the PC part and bolts onto the display. On the Panelview+ and Panelview+ 6, each of these parts can be purchased separately and easily changed out in the field.

You may be able to take the logic module out of your old Panelview+ and place it on the display for your new one. It should then function and you can get a backup program out.

I am quite sure that the Panelview Plus 600 does not have a separate logic module, the PV+400 and PV+600 are all self contained with the option of an optional communications module.

The logic module that you refer to are on PV+700 through to PV+1500 terminals, and yes, these are easily replaceable. One thing that has caught me out in the past however is that a newer revision display, like a "C" will not work with an older revision logic module.

The PanelView Plus 400 & 600 Base Units are indeed fixed hardware units and not modular like their larger siblings, the PVP 700 - 1500. I've posted this image before here on the Forum for reference...

PV%2BBase_Units.jpg

If you have a "3a Stuck Touch" POST error or the "no touch picture" (Stop Hand) after a power cycle of the terminal, then there is either something depressing a section of the display touchscreen or it is faulty.

When you boot, and POST is executed, and the fault on the touchscreen is present, POST will detect this as a stuck touch cell or cells and display the "3a Stuck Touch" error.

If you power cycled at some point, and then only received a Stop Hand indicator, then this would suggest that the touchscreen fault had temporarily subsides during POST and allowed the terminal to boot. Only then do you later see the Stop Hand indicator when the touchscreen fault reappeared or the touchscreen was attempted to be used.

When you power cycled and got, or are still getting, the Stop Hand indicator, what is the terminal doing in the background? Is the application loading? Or is the terminal at least booting as far as the application Load and Run options? If so, then while the terminal is at one of these status, you could attempt a backup transfer via cable from your workstation PC using the METU (ME Transfer Utility).

Does any part of the display look scratched, dirty or otherwise damaged? Is there an anti-glare membrane fitted? Have you tried cleaning the display while powered off? Also, pressing gently but firmly all around the display can sometimes help to release a stuck cell or two, but not always. It may just be faulty and in need of repair/replacement.

Regards,
George

Thanks you all for every answers!!

We finally bought a used screen, which it perfectly working. I removed the touch screen and screen from the "new one" and plugged it into the old one.

But still have the same issue, so it looks like the problem do not come from the touch screen. Anyone already seen that?

Best regards,