Structured text - start/stop

HereForBeer

I'm toying around with converting a few things to structured text and have a question.

I'm using a 2 momentary PB's on the HMI to Start and Stop the process..

Right now I'm just simply branching the active bit to bypass the Start_PB to allow the active output to be energized. The stop_pb in the middle to de-energize...

I'm not quite sure how to simulate and use momentary PB bits in structured text? Or is the a better way to do start/stop logic in ST?

You could try some of these

This one is set/reset arrangement:
Code:
If #Startpb then
        #runbit:= true;
elseif not #Stoppb then
        #runbit:= false;
end_if;

This one is more like a ladder arrangement but in the opposite order:
Code:
#runbit:= #stoppb and (#startpb or #runbit);