Mitsubishi GX Developer V8.25B & Dell Latitude ATG D620 help.

eniltrah

Maybe your expertise can help me? I loaded Mitsubishi GX Developer V8.25B on my old IBM T-30 laptop w/ Win-XP Pro and had no problems. My co-worker crashed it. I bought a new Dell laptop w/ these specs:

Dell Latitude ATG D620.

MS Win-XP Pro Ver.5.1.2600 SP2 Build 2600

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU

T5500 @ 1.66GHz

980 MHz 1.00 GB of Ram

W/ Mitsubishi GX Developer V8.25B I loaded the Melsoft Env setup.exe first w/ no problems. Then I loaded GX Dev. Setup.exe and at about 60% thru the GX Dev box where you click enter to put you Site Key in pops up. At this point the PC freezes up and I get the blue windows stop error screen.

Disable Bios Memory Options such as Caching or Shadowing:

*** Stop: 0X000000F4 (0X00000003,0X863295F0, 0X86329764,0X805D1180)

I contacted Mitsubishi Tech Support and they sent me a Tech Bulletin Issue No. T99-0074. Loading it w/ Program Comp.Wizzard. I did not get the blue Win. Stop Error but when it stopped loading the GX Dev box where you click enter to put you Site Key in pops up and stays there for approx. four minuets then I get an error.

There was an unknown Lic. Error (Type 8, Code-24). I called Mitsubishi Tech Support again and he said the reason was I did not uninstall all of the GX Dev software. Ok when I try to uninstall from add/remove programs I get (The log file ' C:\MELSEC\DelslGpp.isu ' is not valid or the data has been corrupted. Uninstallation will not continue.) Mitsubishi Tech Support says sorry we have not tested GX Developer on a Intel Core2 Duo CPU's and Japan has not sent us any info. So I figured I would go to the experts on Mr.PLC.com.

I would really appreciate any expertise?

I recently screwed myself with GX developer (v 8.00). I somehow disabled the crypkey service from starting automatically, and I would get a worthless error message about not being able to read a memory address during start up. Turns out that Mitsubishi uses the Cryp-Key service to handle their license keys. If it's not running then GX developer will cut out with errors during start up as well as the install/un-install process when it attempts to check the license.

I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem, but it sounds like it's hanging at the same spot, so it may be worth checking into.

Mitsu's tech support couldn't help me, and said the problem was because I didn't have admin rights (which I did).

Actually, as of 8.25 Crypkey was removed. Mitsubishi had so many complaints and problems with the Crypkey system that it has been removed from the current software.

BTW current GX-Dev is 8.45.

And if you manually start the service Crypsrv it should work if in fact the problem is the Crypkey system.

Eniltrah.
I cannot comment on V8 of GX Developer but I have V7 running on a Dell Latitude D620 with a Dual Core Processor and XP Pro with no problems at all. This would suggest that any problem with GX Developer must be version specific.
Andybr

Hi,
i have recently installed GX Developer 8.30G on a Dell Latitude D610 XP SP2 with no issues, maybe Andybr has a point with the build number.

Hi, All, I am Ismanto From Indonesia. I want to ask you, where I can download a GX DEVELOPER for programming Mitsubishi's PLC?