Powerflex 525 PID Help

toddp65

Hi all,

Small panel built with a micrologix 1000 and a 525 drive. The micro is simply for start/stop/control of power flex and some lights and switches. The Drive is set up on start mode 1 for the local speed pot and PIDLoop1 via a 0-10 volt pressure transducer. It's set up on speed reference 2 on TB5. I have the sources set correctly but when i enable the PID it coasts to a stop. My transducer is reading about 4 volts at 100 psi (it's a 0-300 psi range transducer) and my i have feedback and ref set to the 0-10 volts. I have the setpoint at 50 hz.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Can you list all the parameters you changed? Have you tried setting the PID to reverse acting?

I don't have access now that i'm off but"ll up load them Monday and post.

What's reverse acting? Didn't see that parameter.

I have my o-10 input but don't understand based on the parameters how it's going to scale that

Setting the PID forward or reverse acting (there may be other terms like "inverted" or something) is what sets the direction of the "action" or the PID output. Otherwise, the controller doesn't know if your control action makes the number bigger or if it makes it smaller. Think heating vs. Cooling.

There really is no scaling in the powerflex, you just set uour setpoint to the % of the 0-10V you want to control to. So if you had a 0-150psi pressure transmitter and you wanted 50psi for a setpoint, you would make your setpoint parameter 33.3

here's my parameter setting that differ from default.

thanks again for the help

46-2
47-1
48-2
49-5
65-1
459-0
460-0
465-0
456-60
Everything else is default.
Trying to maintain a 50 Hertz drive output via a 0-10