RSview SE Datalog

huynt

Dear Sirs,

I use RSView SE Version 3.10, logging data to MSSQL server 2000 via System ODBC Data source. I do not know why no data logged into MSSQL data table while DataLogOn "Log1" model already executed. The message prompted on the status bar as following:

- DatalogOn Log1
- Primary path is available and has sufficient disk space. Automatically switching model "Log1" back to primary.
- ODBC Model "Log1" has started.
- Starting Datalog model "Log1".

I thought my PC that RSview SE Server running on has no permission to right or access to the MSSQL database or ODBC not connected correctly. I have tested to connect to Database successfully, can create a new table to MSSQL through Rsview SE datalog model configuration.

Any one how has met the problem like that? Please help me to solve this matter.

Thank you very much.

Are you saying you are getting NO data recorded?
Assuming you chose the default tables to create, in SQL Server, under your database, you should have the following user tables: TagData, FloatData, and StringData. Are they there?
Do you have any values in the TagData table? (there should be one entry for each tag in the model).
Are there tags in the model? Are there values in those tags? How is the model configured? Log 'On Change'? If so, put in a 60 second heartbeat or so. Or set the log trigger to periodic, just to see if anything is getting logged.

Do you see any error messages in the FT Diagnostics log? or EventViewer?

Yes I have the same problem when logging alarms from RSView SE to SQL Server. The logging had been functioning for several months before it started to develop problems. We managed to restart it for a while by switching the alarming off and on using the command line. Have you tried writing records to another table in the DB using VB script on a test page? The other thing you could check is whether the ODBC is being used by switching on the Tracing, it may help narrow down the fault.

Best of luck

Same problem

Hi, I'm experimenting the same problem right now, I have RSVIEW SE 4.0 and MSSQL server 2005, I did the ODBC connection and tested. Then create the datalog and from rsview I could create the tables, then actived the datalog using the DataLogOn command and the response is good. But when I change the tag no data is in the database. Any help. Thanks.

yesidh said:
Hi, I'm experimenting the same problem right now, I have RSVIEW SE 4.0 and MSSQL server 2005, I did the ODBC connection and tested. Then create the datalog and from rsview I could create the tables, then actived the datalog using the DataLogOn command and the response is good. But when I change the tag no data is in the database. Any help. Thanks.

Problem solved, creating the DSN in the system area. Bye