Issues communicating with Micrologix 1100

luk

Earlier today I started trying to use a Micrologix 1100 unit that had previously been in use elsewhere in our plant. Upon powering the unit up, it displayed an error code 0002H. I cleared that error, but now am having issues communicating with the unit. It lists an ip address of 10.121.18.200, but I can not reach it and it isn't being recognized at that address by RSLinx, RSLogix, etc. It is connected to my computer through a network switch, the same way I have connected other micrologix 1100 units without issue.

Any idea what the issue might be, or is there a way to reset the IP address if the device isn't being recognized by my computer? Thank you.

10.121.14.73 and 255.255.255.0. It's not having any issues communicating with another Micrologix 1100 unit on the network with the address 10.121.18.201.

I will try the serial connection, I just have to locate an adapter.

Is this a working processor or spare?

Does RSLinx see the processor? If so try downloading a blank program.

Do you have the offline file that is in the controller? If so can you post it here (zip it first)

See pdf below to reset the controllers serial port to it's default configuration.

Last edited:
The processor had been working the last time I saw it, which was about 2 weeks ago.

RSLinx does not see the processor. I've tried resetting the serial port to the default configuration.

The program should be attached.

Is there any way to restore the unit to its factory default settings without a PC connection?

Is there any way to restore the unit to its factory default settings without a PC connection?

Not that I know of, but it wouldn't hurt to contact your local AB rep.

See pdf below
What are the processors LED's telling you? See trouble pdf.

The lights and indicators all seem to be where they're supposed to be. Currently the power light is steady on, the run, fault, and force lights are off, as I'm currently in program mode. The run light turns on as it's supposed to if I toggle modes. The COMM1 and DCOMM indicators are currently active, as I currently have it connected via ethernet. Pretty much responding how you would expect it to, looking at the processor, except that the PC can't see it.

Unplug it from the network, and then ping the network with that IP address. I recently configured a Compactlogix PLC for what I thought was an unused IP address. I had similar symptoms (getting kicked offline, and RSLinx failing to find it). Then I found there was something already assigned to that IP. We still don't know what that device is, and neither does our IT department...

Can you ping it? Am I crazy or do the two IP addresses that you specified are on two different subnets? Or is it a typo?

10.121.14.73 and 255.255.255.0. It's not having any issues communicating with another Micrologix 1100 unit on the network with the address 10.121.18.201.

It looks like the IP address is incorrect. With a Subnet Mask of 255.255.255.0 the three sets in the IP corresponding to the 255 need to match in order to see it on the network.

Hope this helps.

I agree with swimmy67, try changing the IP of the 1100 to 10.121.18.xxx. What is the IP and subnet mask of the PC with RSLinx?

Shawn