Corrupted processor or Unknown Processor

George Graziano

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anyone seen this before & found a way around it?
1747-L553 Processor. Working now with no problem, except I can't talk to or save the file. Battery light on. tried serial as well. No problems talking to /from Panelview (serial)

Thanks
George

Last edited:
I have had similar issues in the past.

brown outs and sudden voltage spikes are an issue.

is there a surge suppressor in front of the plc power?
if not, you need to install one for the controls.
I would reset the plc to default condition and reload the program.I hope you have a good backup of the program.
james

Not sure it is the most resent one. It is working right now & communicating. But, if something happens I would have to load in what I do have.
Thanks
George

It would be in your best interest to get a upload the current program.
the plc program is the master, someone could have made changes.

1. make a copy of what you have (you don't want to corrupt it).
2. use the backup copy and upload the current program from the plc.
3. save the program and go off line.
4. shut sown the pc, wait 30 seconds, and reboot. ( silly but I do it as insurance)
5. open the file you just uploaded to see if it opens.
6. insert a dummy rung and recompile the program.
7. save it.
8. reopen the file and delete the dummy dung.
you should be good to go.

james

That's the problem. I have tried going online by Serial & Ethernet. That is the error I get. I even tried to upload to an empty file.
Thanks
George

If the Panelview can talk to it serially, then you should be able to do it that way too. Can you dig into the details of the Panelview comms settings. Maybe there is a difference between what is configured and what you have already tried.

Also, I can't view the image you posted...not sure if it is a forum glitch or other?

Tried sending the picture twice.

I will check the comm of the panelview Monday and make sure it matches and try that way.
Thanks

There was a situation that could generate that alarm if the CPU was originally programmed with a certain 3rd party software...I forget the details.

Okie,

I remembered, I checked using serial as well & it gave me the same error. I will confirm on Monday, it is still talking to the Panelview. Also, will check and see if that is using messages to other processors.

Thanks
George