Quorries regarding Cutler Hammer Touch Screen

ashish_37

We are having,
Cutler Hammer Make HMI(Model - PROLT/1755T PMPP 1700;Part No.-92 01938 00)

And Siemens S7-200 PLC

Can PLC & Touch Screen Inter Facing(Communication) is possible ?

Dear Ashish,

When i searched for Hmi make i can't find its communication protocols any way ,if there is a PPI Port,it will communicate without problems,as the S7 200 protocol is S7200

Regards

It is a Cutler Hammer PanelMate Power Pro. I know nothing about siemens PLCs, but the PanelMate is a good unit, and can communicate with just about anything serially.

You will need the PanelMate Configuration software and driver utilities in order to install the appropriate driver on the Panelmate before you download the configuration.

http://www.eaton.com/EatonCom/Marke...s/index.htm?&pt=OW_EE_FI&target=1162919213478

There is a document in the link above about Siemens drivers that may help you.

Just a side note. I've used many Panelmate 1700's, over 100 through the years. The ones we used were the 6-8 inch screen range. Excellent graphics - wonderful display. Software is easy to use and bulletproof. Unfortunately these touchscreens all suffer premature failure of the backlight. It's a flat rate to repair one, over $1000. A repaired unit usually fails again within two years, sometimes much sooner. Hot locations make this problem worse - ambient temps of 95 degrees F, 35 degrees C, which is not that hot.

Just a side note. I've used many Panelmate 1700's, over 100 through the years. The ones we used were the 6-8 inch screen range. Excellent graphics - wonderful display. Software is easy to use and bulletproof. Unfortunately these touchscreens all suffer premature failure of the backlight. It's a flat rate to repair one, over $1000. A repaired unit usually fails again within two years, sometimes much sooner. Hot locations make this problem worse - ambient temps of 95 degrees F, 35 degrees C, which is not that hot.

I take it this backlight is not something that is easily replaced in house?

I have one of these that appears to have had the same backlight failure on it.