FES ComMENT Gateway with Ifix 3.5

Dougie Wally

Hello, I have a customer with a Micro III system with a ComMENT Gateway which hosts an old Ifix 3.5 system. The system controls 3 air compressors all Micro III. I got the ifix upgraded to 5.1 on newer pc ,because the 3.5 was very sluggish, but I'm having issues with the Modbus serial connection on ifix with the gateway. Customer says this worked before, but do not understand how it worked, because I'm not familiar with the ComMENT network protocol. I found the settings on the gateway to be for Micro, but the ifix uses MB1. So I changed the settings on gateway to modbus and correct baud rate to match PC. I got comms blinking on gateway from PC to gateway and the mb1 driver shows sends and receives but all errors. The gateway cpu led blinks on for 3 secs and off 1 , and the Comment Network LED tx never comes on which means gateway does understand commands.I tried a different Gateway and still the same issue. I got the manuals to help me out, but I'm running out of options .

Any info to help out greatly appreciated.

thx
Dougo_O