WinCC Web Navigator upgrade v7.3 to 7.4 issue

userxyz

Hi,

We have a WinCC Server with WinCC v7.3 that we have upgraded to WinCC v7.4. Also the WinCC Web Navigator Server has been upgraded by doing this WinCC upgrade.

Cliënts that are restarted are requesting for an upgrade. So we upgrade these cliënts from v7.3. Some PC's cannot connect to the server after their upgrade to v7.4. The installation was done without any warnings or problems on those systems. Even after deleting the config XML and reentering the login data.

What could be wrong here ?

Thanks,
G

is IE showing connection error for webview or only address not found error, which would mean that firewall or antivirus blocks connection.
IE also needs compatibility mode selected and address added to site list

Siemens Germany told me that SCS component is the issue. Web navigator was upgraded but SCS component on the machine was an old version 7.2 that could not work with the WinCC Server 7.4 version. They advised me to install WinCC Runtime on the cliënt so that SCS was upgraded for sure to 7.4. This worked.
the you could see the version of SCS in Inst. Software -> Components also. When you only install WinCC Web Navigator without anything else, then you don't have Inst. Software in the start menu.

IMG_20180221_095429_resized_20180221_104140665.jpg

Hmmmzz

The annoying thing here is that the issue is a Siemens issue. So I try to go deeper on the issue, but Siemens Germany replies with extended support if they have to seach deeper... :confused:
So on the PC's that don't connect I have to install the complete WinCC Runtime now. Weird solution for a very basic needed tool (web navigator). Why some function and some are not is still odd. Some upgrade SCS I suppose and some are not... but I do not know the reason as we cannot go deeper.

Greetings,
Gerry