Allen bradley flex i/o problem

bop

Hi there!I am hoping that some one would help me with my problem. I have a trouble with my flex i/o analog input module.I have notice on our RS view monitor that a group of analog inputs does not indicate any data. I already check the field input devices and its 4-20 mA signal to the module and all is ok. When I get online to its slc 5/03 processor using RSlogix 500 software i have notice that the input signal is not being read by the processor but all the digital inputs on that remote i/o adapter rack is ok. i have tried to swap its input module with a functional one hoping that the problem would transfer but still the problem exist.I have also tried to download my backup files but still the problem exist. i have even tried to replace the processor and download the old files but still the problem exist. I would very much appreciate it if anyone could advise me of what to do next.

Flex IO problem

Where are you looking for the signals. they might not be where you expect them to be. Do not know wither I can post some one elses work but you may find the soloution at the rockwell knoweledge base site. It gives you programme details and manuals on the system.

Try this

Can not seem to upload a .RSS file to the site. You Can get a programme to work a 4 channel analogue input module on the knowledge base site. I have altered it to suit a analogue card in rack 0, slot 0, Also connecting with two racks throughtwo seperate scanner cards. These work fine if any one knows how to upload a .RSS file here I will post it for you failing that leave your e-mail and I will post it to you. It is not a simple as looking where you would normally expect the signals to be. I made that mistake at first.

OK I needed to download winzip as I only had RAR dohh!ok here is the file. This is all assuming you are using a 1794-IF4I module.
Manual too large to upload so again if you want it please leave e-mail and I will post it on.

Last edited:
I think there is a notice in the install instructions to power up the analog card before the adapter, or the adapter won't "see it".

Have you made sure there are no bent pins in the connectors between each terminal base? Whoever designed the terminal base connectors on Flex IO should have their wrist slapped!

tnx, i would check on it.Just to inform you that our system has been running for almost 5 yrs now and it was just recently that this problem sowed up.

hi there craig,i cannot open the file you have sent me.When ive tried openning it indicate problem on decompressing the file. i have notice that some of my RSlogix 500 file have this kind of problem ever since i had my new laptop and upgrade to windows xp.Do you have or anyone else an idea of whats the trouble.

Hi there okiePC i have already done what the instruction suggested but still it does not work.thanks anyway.

Try replacing the ASB module, ensuring that it is not of the series/rev mentioned in the first technote link that OkiePC posted. 99% of Flex I/O problems I've encountered like this are either noise or faulty ASB modules.