RSView and RSLogix500

BigMac

I cannot realize any inputs and outputs on RSView connected with RSLogix500. Because RSLogix500 don't give a possibilities to use any adresses exept real inputs-outputs (real IO unnits). What's wrong?

explanations

When I work with RSLogix5 I can use for RSView any different from real inputs or outputs. If i have 16 real (I:0/0...15) Inputs and 16 real Outputs (O:1/0...15) for RSView I can use for example I:2/0 or O:5/11. It was good and works perfectly.

Using programm RSLogix500 I can use just adresses of Inputs or Outputs from real present in rack IO units. There is no something extra, like it is in RSLogix5.

Issue:
I cannot use Inputs - Outputs for programming RSView for SLC500.

BigMac:

This is the way SLC family has been designed: you can reference only those inputs and outputs that are physically present and had been configured in your system ("real" I/O, as you call it). You cannot reference anything that does not physically exist - this would cause an error.

This is different from many other PLC brands; Omron, for example, allows you to use the whole range of I/O points to your pleasure, regardless of the fact if anything from the real world is connected to them. As a matter of fact, there is no clear distinction between the I/O memory and internal memory in Omron world. So are many others, and PLC5 is presumably among those.

But SLC is not. So anything that does not exist must be outside of I and O - use B's and N's as much as you want.

Why would you want your RSView app to reference non-existing I/O points anyway?

P.S. I feel some scent of Eastern Europe in your English, am I correct?

A-a-a... Ïîíÿë. Ñïàñèáî. À òû îòêóäà ñàì áóäåøü? ß â ïðîøëîì èç Îìñêà.
Àëåêñåé

BigMac:

See PM. More than a few words in a language other than English will not be polite here.
My apologies, everyone. This is totally off-topic.

So,

Back to the problem at hand.

Simply don't use rack assigned I/O addresses to and from RSView. I always assign one integer file and one float file for such communications, and make them consecutive--N15 and F16, perhaps. Now you can use the integers for integer values as well as bit level values and floats for floats. In the SLC symbol name, specify PV_IP_SOMETHING or PV_OP_SOMETHING for each element in these files so it'e easy to see where they come from and go to--in lieu of real I/O addresses.