PIDE Setpoint and CVOper takes number coming from HMI and resets to zero

androcci

Hello, I have a problem with Factory TalkView Studio.

I have been programming loops RSlogix 5000.

I have a tag called DrumSP (Real) going into SPOper of the PIDE and when I write into it directly within rslogix 5000 the output SP of the PIDE it holds the value. so if I write a 5 in SPOper I get 5 in the SP and it holds forever.

if I go through the FactoryTalk view Studio and I have used the numeric input enable connecting it to the tag DrumpSP and when I put the value lets say 5 It goes to 1 and then 0. if I put 60 I get 0 it just goes back to zero. why does it resets?
*important*
When in PIDE is in auto is for example CV=40 (Auto) and I go to manual
CVOper input. as long as I keep inputting CVOper values between 1-40 it will hold its value on the CV output. If I happen to put a zero in CVOper any number that I put later will be reset to a zero

All the zeroing issues above are related only to when inputting values from FactoryTalk View Studio.
if I use RSLogix 5000 it has never given me a problem. PIDE is on ProgOperReq=1 and taking operator inputs at this point.

to summarize

through RsLogix

tag= DrumSP(REAL)-> 5->SP=5 doesn't reset to zero

through FactoryTalk view Studio
numeric input enabled ->tag= DrumSP(REAL)--> 5 -->SP=5 it does reset to 0

You did not state which version of software/hardware you are working with???

But anyways, is it possible in your Numeric Input Enable Properties that you have the "Enter" parameter set to your DrumSP? This parameter write connection uses values of 0 and 1 only.

You did not state which version of software/hardware you are working with???

But anyways, is it possible in your Numeric Input Enable Properties that you have the "Enter" parameter set to your DrumSP? This parameter write connection uses values of 0 and 1 only.

WOW just WOW. you solved my problem!

I dont think I was going to solve this in a long time. can you link me a manual for FactoryTalk View Studio? I have read some and they dont go in detail as to what Enter does I just assumed it was to enter the number. how is this useful to output a 1 or a zero?
I got it working thanks mate!!

I'm glad that you have is solved.

I just used the Help button on the Numeric Input Enable Properties and for once the AB help page had an explanation that made sense. (most of the time their help files are not so helpful)

Here is the excerpt of the "Enter" parameter:
Enter
A write connection. Assign a tag to this connection. This connection accepts values of 0 and 1 only. The connection determines how long the Enter key press is registered. Use this connection for Enter key handshaking.